There is much turmoil in the world right now politically, economically, socially and the list continues. My heart has been a little heavy lately just trying to sort it all out. I don't think I have ever looked forward to a general conference more than this one. Each session fed my soul. I was so lifted, calmed, and encouraged hearing our amazing leaders speak. They were inspired, full of Christlike love, and motivational. Prayers were answered and comfort was felt. My testimony was strengthened. I feel so grateful to have the gospel in my life and all I could think of after conference was the song "Where can I turn for peace?" It's the gospel of Jesus Christ and I appreciate this gift more and more each day. The missionaries teaching my parents when we were young has changed the course of our lives and will continue to do so for many generations. The gratitude I feel to them and my Heavenly Father is truly beyond words.
The highlights for the kids were the mounds of homemade donuts, listening to the Sister Dalton's talk, and the primary choir!

1 comment:
"It is a time when the voice of personal revelation will bring peace to our souls and will teach us how to become more Christlike. The voice will be as sweet as the voice of a dear friend, and it will fill our souls when our hearts are sufficiently contrite." (Uchtdorf)
I just read this last night. I don't know how we got so blessed, just more pressure to come through for the Lord.
love ya, thanks for your entry!
Post a Comment