Thursday, November 17, 2011

Shipwreck Beach (Poipu)

Dad, Nina, and Rollin met Jimmy down south in Wailua to go on another crabbing expedition, this time in the river for big, blue crab. The kind with big pinchers! They got up early and headed out. We followed later and went on down to Poipu, which is a little further south. Poipu is totally different than the North Shore. You start to see tour buses, people everywhere, more restaurants, shopping centers, parking is harder to come by, beaches are smaller and more crowded...it's just a different scene. Most people who come to Kauai stay in Poipu. It's very touristy. We went to the beach next to the Hyatt and hiked along the coastline. When we got back, the kids had fun fighting the waves in the surf. It was hot and beautiful and we wore ourselves out. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

2 comments:

Erin said...

yep, looks awesome!!

Ryan Wilson said...

Alright, that's it! I am booking my flights for next fall with or without Amber! I can't stand it! I was meant to be born hawaiian or tahitian. I don't know what went wrong.