Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Everybody's Learning How

They've caught the bug!
The kids have been surfing at the far end of Hanalei Bay where the Hanalei River empties into the ocean. The water isn't as pretty as the rest of the bay, but the waves were the perfect size to learn on.

Rollin is already trying to do tricks. He did two back-to-back 180s while riding a wave and didn't fall off the board. Not sure why catching a wave isn't enough, but he feels he needs to add tricks!
Nina got up surfing several times but I didn't have my camera with me, so her shots are coming!

2 comments:

Ryan Wilson said...

Watch out, the surfing bug can monopolize your life if u are not careful. Just ask Amber, I think she hates the sport of surfing! Maybe I can get her to catch the bug in kauai with some help from yall.

I couldn't be a prouder uncle than I am at this moment! Way to go guys! Can't wait to catch some waves with you!

Colleen said...

Fantastic! They look so cool out there on those boards.