Wednesday, November 23, 2011

We stick together

In the past, my sister, Erin, and I have lovingly (and somewhat jokingly) referred to one of her children as "holdie." Well, I'm afraid I have a "holdie" of my own. Even though Evan loves Mom, he is still my attachment here in Kauai. He is getting easier, but he still would be much happier if I had a permanent pouch just for him. I've been lucky to have my parents here because it has afforded me the luxury to just sit and hold him more, and he is a sweet little cuddle bug. At home he is always commanding me to "sit." I sometimes feel guilty about that because I probably could slow down and just sit with him more than I do. Hopefully I'm making up for lost time here. He was so happy to discover the horses on the property bordering ours. He's also been the only one to get sick over here so he's been watching Flicka over and over. You couldn't force him to sit and watch a cartoon, but he LOVES his horsie movies.

3 comments:

Ketsy said...

I love that Evan is always good for a dose of cuddling. Just don't overdose, Mama Kanga. :)
And those surfing pics are just killing me! So awesome!

Colleen said...

Awwww! I love Evan! Tommy is my Evan.

Erin said...

OH NO!!!! ;)