Sela had tennis camp all week long at UW. She enjoyed carpooling with the Banks and Messmers. Lots of "slug bug" type games going on in the car with Hunter and Jack. At one point on the way home, I stopped and moved Hunter to the side seat because he was in the middle getting it from both sides the whole way home! They all had a lot of fun and Sela earned the "most improved camper" award. She has been really eager to play with me so we all went out last night and she really DID improve a lot, in one week. Very exciting.
Sela, Nina, Emma and Sophia finished their first "Summer Fun" neighborhood newspaper and delivered it to the neighbors. The content is so darling and includes animal models, a craft, an interview, information about a talent show and a history of the kids on Maple Springs Farm (Sela, Nina, Rollin, & Evan) and Fat Beagle Farm (Emma & Sophia). It's 7 pages long.
We had the Norrises, Hamptons, and Gudmundsons over for a bbq and campfire on Monday. We rarely saw the kids but heard lots of squeals all over the yard. I was excited to make a french style potato salad with fennel, potatoes, and herbs all fresh from the garden. I used bits and pieces of an Herb Farm recipe and a Barefoot Contessa one. So rewarding! 4 babies in attendance made for a bouncy evening for the parents.
A few of the kiddoes
Zig, Tom and Sarah
Evan is getting louder with his shrieking in public places. Not so fun. Thank goodness for Rachel.
We worked on a framing project for the girls artwork. I actually got all of the pictures framed and we are starting to work on their room. I found them some new, bright comforters and we have been playing around with configurations for the artwork. I'm pretty excited to see it all hung! That's where Zig comes in.
The girls and I hit he Bellevue Arts Show this weekend. We had the traditional NW fare of blackened salmon salad and those yummy warm Fisher Scones with raspberry jam. I know there's some not so stellar ingredients in their scones, but gosh once a year they taste good. We looked at all the incredible art, this show is top notch, and then somehow ended up at the Nordstrom sale. I really wanted to look for a pair of nude heels, but go figure, we spent all of our time in the kids section and then had to run home to get Nina to a birthday party. New shoes for the girls, none for mom. It's not the first time.
1 comment:
Adorable pictures. Sela and Nina are looking more alike the older they get. Definately can tell they are sisters and I love to see them having fun together. Rollin, the monkey, is at it again I see!! It is amazing to think he is only 4 years old. And of course, the newsletter - WOW!! What a creative venture.
Post a Comment