Thursday, July 22, 2010

take that uncle ryan and uncle martin :)


And this next one is where he first learned the back flip. Apparently time-outs aren't the most effective punishment for Rollin. He's in his room training for the circus. Warning...a couple of these flips are flops, and a little painful to watch!


7 comments:

Stacia said...

Ok your "don't jump because it's not safe" totally cracks me up...Lordy I thought D needed a bubble. Good luck with that:)

ashley said...

haha! yes, I know....safe is a relative term! his form has improved since that first day, so we don't have anymore neck trauma!

Heather Parry said...

Wow! Rollin is impressive with his mad gymnastics skills. It takes some guts to throw yourself backwards like that. Get that kid a helmet.

Erin said...

Holy Cow! Yeah, Mom is not going to like this one ;)

Would not expect anything less from the little guy!!

Dee Ann said...

Oh, Ash, Erin nailed it. I cringed with each jump, praying, all the while, that he would not snap his neck! I don't think I can handle another Uncle Ryan with the "No Fear" attitude and extreme stunts!! However, it is their true nature and asking them not to perform is like asking a worm not to wiggle!!

ashley said...

I didn't expect him to land on his neck. He showed me once or twice the trick and then I went for the camera. Then he got excited and didn't take his time and flopped. I kept thinking, surely he won't do it again, and then he did. So we stopped. Don't worry though, he isn't allowed to flip on his bed anymore and he hasn't landed on his head on the trampoline. He's a pro now :)

Neoma said...

I'm glad you let your kids to "dangerous" things. It is so good for boys to be boys. Sometimes I let strange looks from other parents when I let my boys do dangerous things, but how else are they going to learn and grow? Besides, it is lots of fun to watch their gross motor skills improve.