Wednesday, July 21, 2010

a full heart


I've had a great few weeks with my kids. Summer is beautiful, the weather is mild, schedules are light, and I'm feeling so fortunate and blessed each day for the little people in my life. I, of course, feel blessed every day to have these sweet children, but when we get to slow down, hang out, and just BE together, my heart feels so very full. In fact, today, for a brief moment when Rollin was telling me how much he loved me, how he would never move away when he "grows big", and how if I ever died he was coming too, I wanted to weep. He is just so full of life, enthusiasm, passion, and tenderness. I just looked at him with his crooked little smile and big bright eyes and tried to imagine for a moment what life might have in store for him. The road ahead will surely be an adventure. And how I pray for his health and happiness. I went to that place I try not to ever go, you know, thinking about life without him, and I just couldn't imagine it. Could not imagine. I love him with all of my heart, and he loves me too and tells me at least a dozen times a day. This kind of love helps me realize what incredible love our Heavenly Father must have for each of his children. Each day with my children is a precious gift  which I often feel undeserving of, but thankful nonetheless.

2 comments:

Dee Ann said...

Oh, Ash, how sweet, touching and heart wrenching at the same time. To be blessed with the knowledge that those precious relationsips go on forever is the greatest blessing a mother can have. Little Rollin is truly a unique and special little boy and has been from day one. Those little boys can win Mama's heart and Rollin comes up with some pretty thoughted words that pull on your heart strings. Love you Rollin!!

Erin said...

Amen, this is a sweet time of life!