Monday, July 19, 2010

Richmond Beach

Last Saturday morning our neighbors called to see if we wanted to head to the beach for the lowest tide of the year and check out some of the marine life. With about 20 minutes to prepare, somehow we got ready and we were off to Richmond Beach with the Medds. The crowd was small and there were several naturalists on hand to help us identify what we were seeing. We were so glad we made the trip because the kids were in heaven. They were able to touch seastars, sea cucumber, crabs, and many other beautiful, interesting little creatures. Hooray for spur of the moment outings!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Dee Ann said...

WOW!! What an adventure.

Erin said...

Fun!! If anyone mentions beach to me I'm there :)

the Geoff Davis said...

I love the picture of Rollin holding the crab, sort of a mix of "this is cool, look at me" and "hurry so I can put it down before it pinches!" What a great outing. Way to be spontaneous!

Dee Ann said...

I'm mentioning "BEACH!!" girls.