
It all started when I had just got back from San Juan Island.
We had just bought some fireworks on the way home so that we could use them when we got back. When we started shooting them off I noticed there was was a hole bunch of commotion everywhere and all I could see through the dark night was fire works and all I could hear was BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
coming from every direction in the neighborhood. I smiled and thought maybe I should go check on my little animals to make sure they were all O.K. with all the noises. So first I ran to the chicken coop to see my bunny and the chickens.When I got there I noticed that all of the animals in the chicken coop were fine.And everything was much quieter in the there than it was outside. So finally when my family and I were done shooting off fireworks I ran inside to go see my guinea pig. Right when I reached her room I was struck, I felt like I had been hit by a bomb on the forth of July. There was Phoebe laying down dead in her cage. I touched her and burst out with tears. I felt like waterfalls were flowing out my eyes. I ran as fast as I could to my moms room telling her the story and soon everyone in my house had heard the news. My sister and I looked like you had dumped buckets of water on top of us.
Later that night I couldn't go to sleep so I started to read a book but nothing worked. A few minutes later my dad came in and told me "it comes in every animals life, its nobodies fault, its the circle of life." But I knew in my head it was not fair. She did not live long enough and why did she have to leave now? That night I cried myself to sleep.
The next morning I woke up and hoped it was all a dream but it was not. I knew because of the sad look on my mom's face. Then I got out my water color box and wrote a note to Phoebe. The we all starting painting and drawing and listening to piano music. Still no one talked. We had at least 20 paintings of different things painting makes me feel peaceful when we stopped. Even my mom did one.

My sister wrote one too.
That morning was sad and lonesome no one said a word for a long time, like hours.Soon when it was time to go and bury Phoebe we walked out into our yard and found a nice spot to bury her. My mom turned around and noticed that some of the chickens were watching the funeral and so was my large dog.
We all took turns reading are notes and tossing them in with Phoebe.
It was one of the saddest moments of my life.
The day went by slowly then my mom said we should go and get another bunny so we hopped in the car on our way to the pet store. When we got their we ran over to the bunny and guinea pig section and we were expecting to get one other bunny we had seen before but then we noticed that that one was very skittish so we held a few more. Then we found the one. We payed for him and picked up the box which the bunny was in we looked at him and thought he was white with blacks pots and sort of looked like an Oreo so we named him Oreo. My sister and I had fun playing with him that day but we will never forget Phoebe.
1 comment:
Granny is so sad about Phoebe. I know how attached one can get to an animal. I remember when your Mom was a little girl we came home and found our puppy, MoJo, laying dead in the road in front of our house. Someone had run over him. A lot of tears were shed that day as well. We, too, burried MoJo in our yard. I love you, Sela. and I am sure your Dad's comment helped. Dad's have a way of helping to make everything better.
Post a Comment