It seems like just overnight our raspberry bushes are loaded with huge, juicy berries. I was planning to make some jam so I was so happy when the girls came into the house with about 10 pints of raspberries. Then they informed me they were going to sell them at the road. There is almost no traffic on our street. It's a dead end with only two homes beyond ours. So the prospects aren't good for roadside stands but that didn't deter the girls. They set up a darling stand and made signs. They sold to Zig, Serena (Sophia's mom), and our next door neighbor, Margie. Then they got hot and hungry and headed off for lunch and a swim. I was glad to see most of the raspberries come back so I could make some raspberry coconut ice cream this afternoon. Hopefully I'll have some time to make the jam tomorrow.


setting up shop
the goods
okay, we have berries and the tunes... now we just need some customers!




4 comments:
Granny sure would have liked to contribute to the raspberry fund!!! Yum, Yum
I would drive across town to buy those! Please post your raspberry coconut icecream recipe! How delicious!
Yes, please post the recipe. Reminds of the good ole peach selling days. We never got any traffic either! (Mr. Wilson was probably are only customer.)
The kids and I picked 12 lbs last Friday, my freezer has a caution sign on it because if you open the door you need to be prepared for freezer jam, and bins of frozen berries to fly out at you. Your berries look amazing.
Post a Comment