Friday, July 10, 2009

life is in the details

Each day the kids have their fair share of drama, tattling, sibling rivalry, etc. But for the most part, they really do enjoy one another. And every day, no matter how crazy it may be, there are beautiful moments occuring all around if I take the time to look, images I want to treasure and tuck away in my memory. Here are a few from this week....

Sela, Nina and Rollin signed up for the library reading challenge this summer. The preschool program requires someone to read to the child, as well as do thinks like singing, fingerplays, etc. Sela has taken it upon herself to make sure Rollin earns his reward. And in reading to him, she earns minutes towards her own reading goal. It's wonderful! But I really thinks she cares more about Rollin earning his reward than her own. Rollin checked out every dinosaur book they had left at the Redmond library.

I walked into the laundry room to find this yesterday. The doll bed has a new occupant. Nina sure loves little Evie poo, her "for real-life doll."


And here is Rollin just before bed talking to Zig. How I wish I could have recorded their sweet conversation. Too many "I love yous" to count.


1 comment:

Dee Ann said...

Soooo priceless!!! All of these entries of family life together will only get more sentimental and touching as the years go on. Hard to believe, but true.