
Raspberry Coconut Milk Ice Cream
2 cans of coconut milk (full fat), whisked until smooth
zest from one lemon (make sure you don’t get any of the bitter pithy white part)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups of raspberries, fresh or frozen (defrosted slightly)
6 tablespoons of agave syrup
Directions: Blend the raspberries in a food processor or blender with a little bit of the coconut milk until completely pureed. Add to the rest of the ingredients and make according to your ice cream maker’s instructions. Freeze to “ripen” the flavor for at least a few hours and serve.
4 comments:
Mmm that sounds really delicious. the pomegranate gelato turned out pretty great too. I'll have to try that carrot bean salad soon. Did you add anything extra? It looks like you did...
well, I used one can of salad beans (a mix of garbanzo, kidney, and pinto) and one can of white beans but I think all white beans is just as good or better. next time I'll make it with all white beans. I also sauteed onions in the pan with the carrots because I didn't have shallots. that's all. try it! Zig and I devoured it. poor kids, they never even saw it :)
and amber, will you post your pomegranate gelato?
I can't wait to try this!
Post a Comment