
Sela, Nina, and Emma and Sophia Glover did all the decorating.
We celebrated in the evening at the Glover's with lots of other wonderful families. The kids had an absolute blast running around doing all sorts of boys versus girls type games. Lots of good old fashion fun. The food was incredible. Not your typical 4th of July fare. I don't even think I saw a bag of chips now that I think of it. I'm guessing there were quite a few foodies in attendance based on the types of dishes people brought. And we were so fortunate with the weather. We watched a firework show in the backyard and listened to all the dogs nearby freak out, including Kona. I learned that many people on Hollywood Hill tranquilize their horses on the 4th because they can really hurt themselves with all the commotion. Kona almost qualifies as a horse, so maybe he could have used a mild sedative as well! After fireworks, there were s'mores, of course. Evan was maxed out at around 11 and I couldn't get him to sleep so we headed home. It was a good day.

Evan 9 weeks old
He still can't stay awake for about half the day.
And we're worried he might be malnourished ;)
The balloons are flying over our yard again, and they come very low because they are on their descent. The kids are especially thrilled when the people above wave at them.

My friend, Amanda, told me this is called a "fried egg." Not it's fancy name, but isn't that so fitting? They are blooming now right outside my kitchen. I think that could become our "family flower." States have flowers, so maybe we could have one too. We certainly eat our fair share of eggs!
And guess who finished the trampoline?!!

Happy 4th of July!!




6 comments:
Ashley - I noticed your blog on Facebook and clicked over - what beautiful photos of a beautiful family. I was so mesmerized, I read and read and read! Congrats on little Evan - and I must admit, I'm envious of your beautiful raised-bed gardens. Love to you all! Mary Beth
what a fun 4th! evan is getting so big and those thighs are to die for!! holy cow.
hey, remember me?! :) Loved all the pictures. Evan is HUGE! Oh my! Can you bottle some of that milk and send it my way for Naomi!! Maybe if she fattens up quickly she will be a great sleeper!
you're back! I've missed you :)
The pic of Evan with his eyes barely open is so funny. He is a mellow fellow who loves to snooze. What a blessing!! I can't believe how he is growing!! Mommie looks great too!!
I'm finally online and catching up on your fun posts. Great pictures and good ol' summer fun as usual. Oh how I wish we were a part of your tennis lessons! What lucky kids you have...you are a great mom. Can't wait to see you!!! (Adele keeps asking how many days until your visit.)
Post a Comment