Sela's Diner delivers once again! The girls really had fun making Rollin feel special.

Waiting for the bus.
We all took him to the bus, and rushed to the school to watch him get off. I wondered how the girls would do, knowing they would see all their friends as well. They did okay. Some of their friends thought they were staying and got very excited, so I think that was a little bit hard for Sela. I felt a little twinge of sadness for sure.
Rollin was still excited after the quick bus ride!
Nina, on the other hand, couldn't care less, which is actually so surprising to me. I think she is really ready to learn and last year, though positive on so many levels, was pretty chaotic in the classroom. I am also quickly realizing just how much she is looking forward to having one-on-one time. I know we have a lot of together time. We've stayed home a lot this summer, actually. We play together, work together, and see A LOT Of each other. However, I'm pretty busy running the household, cleaning, cooking, reading, organizing, planning, playing tennis, taking care of Evan, etc, etc. So homeschool this year will provide the environment where I have to sit down and put everything else aside and focus on teaching my girls. This will be different and I really think this is what little Nina is craving right now.
They wait forever against the wall while the parents wave and take pictures. Rollin was oblivious for awhile, talking and playing with Bryson, ready to get on with it, or so I thought. I was talking to some friends when I heard a little "Bye, Mommy!" I turned around and saw Rollin waving and then they were off.
Bye, Mommy!After we left the school, we went to a friend's house to visit with other families who are also homeschooling. I enjoyed chatting with them and listening to their thoughts. Then I took the girls to get their pedicures. There were actually tons of people there so there wasn't even time for me to get one and still get back to the bus to meet Rollin at 12:30. Now I know where all the moms go on the first day of school! The girls were happy and whatever solemnness they/I may have felt in the morning quickly passed.
The bus was super late dropping off the boys and as soon as Rollin and his best little buddy, Bryson, got off, they headed straight to the blackberry bushes with barely so much as a nod to us. They must have been starving because they ate like they hadn't seen food in days!

Evan had a check-up this afternoon. Nina came with me. She is my little doctor in training. She always loved to accompany me to see my midwives. Dr. Candace asks a lot of questions and Nina so desperately wants Evan to do well, as if it is some kind of test that will determine his success in life. She re-phrases everything Candace tells him to do if he doesn't perform and tries to coax him along. She hid behind the table when he got one shot, even though he never even so much as whimpers. He didn't even turn his head from my phone to look at his leg. Dr. Candace has the touch, for sure! One funny moment was when Dr. Candace asked Evan if she was a girl or boy and he quickly replied "Horsee!" If you spend any time with Evan, you will quickly realize he is obsessed with horses. Obsessed. He could ride that stick pony for hours a day.
And that was our day. Family dinner together and our first attempt at an earlier bedtime. Tomorrow the girls have some good friends coming over for the afternoon and Sela gets to go to PE at school. Hooray!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness! Rollin just looks so pleased and excited. What fun! Sela is such a fantastic big sis.
Wow, is Rollin ever the picture perfect poster child for a type one personality!! To see life through his eyes must feel like a rocket ready to blast off!! He is contagious in his exhuberance and zest for living. To wake up and face the world is like a new adventure every day for him. Makes me know that we can create exciting and joyful days if we so choose or just look at Rollin and wala!! Oh, and behind all of that energy is the most loving, caring and sensitive little fellow! What a combination!!
To hear that Nina is in Evie's court cheering or helping him along is so loving and nurturing. She is a dear, sweet soul and has been there worrying and fretting over Evan since his birth. I still see her picking him up and carting him around even though he appeared to be as big as she was and is. She is little but what a resolve she has when it comes to performing a task that means meeting Evan's needs. She will thrive on your undivided attention as you seek learning together. How blessed you all are to be able to follow your dream together. There is nothing more noteworthy and of any greater worth in this life and in the life to come than the binding of loving relationships one cord at a time with each new experience - together forever!! Soon the only thing that you will be able to take home with you will be the memories. We can make the decisions that will make the memories!!
Post a Comment