
Asian Chicken Salad
(www.nourishedkitchen.com)
4 cups shredded cooked chicken (I used a Rotisserie chicken)
• 3 ribs celery, sliced thin
• 1/2 lb shredded napa cabbage (I used very thinly sliced red and green cabbage)
• 1/4 lb snow peas, trimmed and sliced thin
• 4 medium carrots, scraped and cut into matchsticks
• 1 bunch scallions, sliced thin
• 6 loosely packed cups mixed salad greens
• 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, optional
• ginger vinaigrette, as needed
Toss cooked chicken, sliced celery, shredded
cabbage, snow peas, carrots and scallions
together and plate over mixed salad greens.
Dress with sesame seeds and ginger vinaigrette.
Orange-Ginger Vinaigrette
juice of 1 orange
• 1 shallot, peeled and finely minced
• 1 1-inch knob ginger, peeled and grated
• 1 tbsp raw honey
• 1/2 cup unrefined extra virgin olive oil
*This is the recipe as written. I didn't serve mine on lettuce, just because I ran out of time to gather and wash the lettuce. I also added diced yellow and red peppers and mandarin oranges. Obviously you can use whatever fresh veggies you like. I also used less chicken than the recipe called for and I may have added a little rice vinegar to the dressing to give it more of a kick.
No comments:
Post a Comment