Sunday, June 12, 2011

a sunny sunday

When we came home from church this afternoon, the sun was out and the kids went straight to barn to get the bunnies out. I'm sure the bunnies love summer just as much as the kids. They get so much more attention and more frequent opportunities to nibble grass and roam around the yard. We had planned to go on a little hike after lunch, but the kids decided they just wanted to play at home, and maybe do the hike tomorrow. I sat outside and read while the kids played. I took a few pictures and enjoyed watching as they entertained themselves all day. The girls even surprised me by cleaning the kitchen this evening while I was talking to my mom on the phone. The kitchen was spotless and they even mopped the floors. My jaw dropped when they finally allowed me to come to the kitchen.



My favorite little orange poppies are in bloom all over the yard.


Photobucket
After seeing Nina with Oreo, Sela and Evan went to get Spotty.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
The bunnies get very nervous when Mr. Evan comes around, and rightly so!


Photobucket
We try to teach Evan the meaning of  "soft."
Photobucket
Oh gosh. This child is a born streaker. I was changing him out of his church clothes and off he went. He jumped a big rock on his escape to freedom. Enjoy it while you can, little guy!
Later they started doing some body art.

If a little is good, a lot is better. Rollin's motto for everything.
The good ole' spider.
At one point, there was a talent show and they all sang to each other and then asked for ratings. 


 

5 comments:

Larry said...

What imaginative and creative children!! Just a peek at the summer ahead of you - what fun to be able to roam the outdoors in your own back yard!! So much of the gardening and playing outdoors reminds me of Fredericksburg when you, Brant, Erin and Ryan would play together. Lots of very fond memories of life in the country.

Larry said...

Mom commenting for Dad!?

the Geoff Davis said...

I'm so glad a few of these pictures came through. I love your yard in the summer, and that Sunday sounded like a dream.

Ketsy said...

The picture of Evan fleeing is priceless.

Colleen said...

Sounds like a perfect Sunday. I just love those kind of days!