I hosted book club this month and we read a book I highly recommend,
A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. I loved this book, and wanted to highlight many passages throughout. I still think about certain aspects of the book, and I read it months ago. This was a departure from the type of book we typically read, but the content brought about a very thought-provoking discussion. I learned more about my friends and their relationships. We had a wonderful evening. I made Lemon Verbena ice cream with individual Lavender honey cakes w/ berries. This was my first attempt at infusing herbs into ice cream, and I was pretty thrilled with the end result. I found the recipe in
The Herb Farm Cookbook, which is like a bible for using herbs in many different, and often unexpected, ways. The recipe has creme fraiche so the ice cream is a bit tart, which I love. I also served Cheddar Thyme Gougeres (cheese puffs) just to have a little something savory.
This recipe used so much lemon verbena, I had to buy another plant.

Evan, and his brother and sisters, were very happy to see I made extra lavender cakes.
3 comments:
I love those little cakes - so light, favorful and truly divine!!! Would loved to have tried the ice cream - sounds and looks delicioso!! Seems to have met with Evie's approval!!!
Mom commenting above!!
aw, ok, i was going to start looking at my father in law a little strangely after reading that comment...but it is the mother after all :)
THAT is the name of the book. i remember you telling me about it but couldn't remember the name. the ice cream sounds really yummy!
Post a Comment