Sunday, June 5, 2011

Happy Sunday

Oh, how I love Sundays. Today we awoke to a beautiful sunny morning. No one was very eager to get out of bed. We all stayed up way too late last night and had an incredibly busy week and weekend. Thank goodness Sunday always comes and we have a clean slate, a day with no plans other than church. It's just awesome. Church was uplifting and Zig and I really enjoyed our class today. We talked about the ten lepers and gratitude. Zig found some actual pictures of leprosy on his phone and the kids were pretty intrigued, naturally. It's so nice to teach together and especially to have Sela in class.

I took a 4 hour nap when we came home. I couldn't believe I woke up and it was 5:15. I had a headache and felt like a zombie, but obviously my body needed rest. The kids played outside all afternoon and had a long jump competition. We ate dinner, had a little family night where Nina taught us a lesson about being thankful and generous, and we each shared our thoughts about Christ with each other. I am so strengthened by my children and humbled at how much faith they have. Rollin had me a little teary eyed...he loves and feels so deeply. Each of the children make me want to be better in every way. After family home evening, we watched a surfing documentary together and then tucked the kids in. Sundays always go too fast.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Amber Marie said...

wow, a 4 hour nap! that is awesome. i'm glad you were able to rest. sounds like a wonderful day, we don't always enjoy our sundays but need to try harder at doing that! love the pictures of the kids outside. summer looks like a gorgeous time of year there.

Unknown said...

That first photo of Nina is so beautiful! Sounds like a perfect Sunday.

Erin said...

Contemplative little Nina and she always has been a little mother to Evie! Cute picture of her reading to him!! Miss everyone.

Erin said...

The above comment was from Mom

the Geoff Davis said...

Great to hear about the busy happenings at the Serafin home (although none of your photobucket pics showed up for me). I was exhausted reading about your class and baby shower! No wonder you haven't written for awhile! It is summer here, but I'm still waiting for the lazy part...