I missed Cydney's beautiful wedding in April because I was out of town with Zig. We couldn't change our trip and I was very disappointed I couldn't be here to help out on the big day, especially since it was at hour house. I knew Cydney had everything under control, but I was still bummed not to be here to see all her creativity come together. Cydney's new husband, Bartek, is from Poland, so we share that in common and Cydney is also the sister-in-law of my close friend, Lisa. She is an amazing seamstress...I mean, who makes not one, but two wedding dresses for the big day? Well, who even makes their own wedding dress at all? And Cydney's was stunning! She upholstered ottomans in bright floral fabrics for additional seating in the yard, sewed these absolutely beautiful fabric backed invitations (I still have mine), modge podged her wedding shoes, and the list goes on and on.
I was dying to see rest of the details of this wedding and I knew it would be gorgeous and bright and happy. I checked the weather like every half hour on the day of the wedding, praying for sunshine. Apparently the sun shone just as she walked down the isle, and though overcast, the weather was about as good as it gets in April. She just sent the link for the photos, and they are beautiful. I was sad all over again to have missed such a lovely celebration.
I did make it to her bridal shower and I had to get the recipes for these chocolate truffle cookies. They were sinful! I have not made them yet, because they would surely send me into a sugar coma, but someday the right occasion will come, and I look forward to making them.
I noticed from the photos that they were also served at the wedding or luncheon. Yum!
Chocolate Truffle Cookies
4 one-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
6 tablespoons butter
3 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour (if making GF, use a mix of 2 parts white rice flour, 2/3 part potato STARCH, 1/3 part tapioca flour and then add 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum)
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (yes, another cup)
Melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup of the chocolate chips and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. (Can do in microwave.) Remove from heat and set aside to cool. In large bowl, whip eggs and sugar for 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture until well mixed. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining chocolate chips. Cover dough and chill FOR AT LEAST 1 hour or overnight. Preheat oven to 350. Roll chilled dough into 1-inch balls (your hands will get very chocolatey). Place on ungreased cookie sheets so they are 2 inches apart. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
1 comment:
Ohhh, really sweet wedding!!!
Post a Comment