Wednesday, October 27, 2010

fun with gourds

After pumpkin carving, we started on a project that kept us up way too late. We were all, myself included, having so much fun making these gourd people...or gourd monsters if your name is Rollin.

We had so many gourds this year that I thought it might be fun for Rollin to bring these rather than candy to his preschool Halloween party to share with his friends. It's been a fun activity for him to continue working on in the mornings before school.

Photobucket
Introducing the gourd family...new members added daily!

Photobucket
Rollin and I made this guy.
Photobucket
Would it surprise you to know that this is Nina's gourd? Notice the pearl earrings, bracelets, purse and skirt.

Photobucket
One of Rollin's not-so-scary monster gourds.
Photobucket
Sela's baby gourd with purse

2 comments:

Dee Ann said...

Such a fun and perfectly adorable idea that the kiddoes will have a ball with at school!! I can see the smile on Rollin's face as he distributes his masterpieces to his classmates and the mother's will think, "what a clever idea," and it is NOT CANDY!! That is a plus for this extreme holiday! Way to go Ash!!

Erin said...

Ha! Those are adorable!! They are so tiny...I was imagining big ones when I talked with you. So cute!! Love it!