I keep hearing bits and pieces from Sela about arm wrestling at school and finally my interest was piqued enough to probe a little bit. She brought it up during dinner as we were discussing the day's events. When Sela mentioned how she beats everyone in her class at arm wrestling, Zig and I were like, "huh, what?? You arm wrestle in class?" She said she even beats the boys. And there are some big boys in there. We were both thoroughly confused but then Sela asked me to arm wrestle her so she could show me her skills. I couldn't believe it, I honestly struggled to beat her. It took us about 15 seconds. This fact horrified Zig! He kept asking if I was
really trying and I said "Yes, honey, Sela is very strong!" I think he was seeing Depends diapers on the horizon or something. Apparently they arm wrestle during PE and she said no, the boys aren't mad when they get beat by a girl. We kept saying, "really, are you sure? they don't mind?" I kind of think of arm wrestling as a macho man thing. She said they actually keep coming back for more. We didn't quite understand that and can't even really picture Sela as an arm wrestling champ, but oh well. Sela has certainly discovered some hidden and very unexpected talents at school!!

I'm laughing in these pictures because Zig is cheering me on and mocking me at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment