Monday, September 13, 2010

what's for dinner?

Photobucket
evan likes to follow me around in the garden. he especially loves to "harvest" green tomatoes and other almost ripe fruit and veggies. we had fun trying to make a meal out of what we picked this week. with our broccoli we made a delicious broccoli and cheddar soup. I loved this recipe because it used the stalks and the heads of the broccoli so nothing was wasted. we also made a tomato and cucumber salad and blueberry peach bars for dessert.
Photobucket
we love checking on our pumpkins and gourds. we have an incredible crop this year. thank you ZIG!
Photobucket
and we always pick flowers.

Photobucket
mycute little model and my really bad photos. missing my camera :(

4 comments:

Erin said...

I was seriously just wanting to make broccoli soup. I opted for potato when I could not find a good recipe. Can't wait to try it!

Colleen said...

I'm coming every night for dinner until that harvest is exhausted. YUM! Oh isn't Evan delicious?!

Amber Marie said...

Coming back from California and reading your blog in the same week is.too much! I'm dying over the.garden goodness. I love a good broccoli soup, definitely will try that one.

Erin said...

Those flowers are breathtaking!! I have been meaning to tell you :) What