keeping those teeth busy
pumpkins
Errands can wait...the sun is out and I'll be staying home today.
The kids were scarcely seen all afternoon. Rollin and Nina were spies for at least 5 hours straight. Darting back and forth all over the yard. The bunnies got walks on the leashes and I spent some more time in the garden. Sela edited the play she's been working on for the past three weeks and started working on a series of friendly monster chronicles.
Right after lunch as I was changing Evan's diaper outside, I decided it was about time he had another "free bird" day. After all, he didn't get his fair share this summer. He is so happy to run free, and I don't blame him. I imagine if I were a baby, being free of that darn saggy diaper would pretty much rock. He got a nice 7 hour break from clothes, but don't even think about taking those boots. He has two pairs of furry booties and he cries at night when they have to come off. He loves his shoes and will run all over the house looking for them. I think his first word aside from "Ma" and "Da-Da" might be "shoes".
evan knows where all the food is on the property
I shook that tree just as hard as I could....
Nina and Sela picked all the overgrown carrots for their rabbits. It's feast time in the barn tonight. I finally got around to pickling my beets. The only problem is I have to pace myself. I could eat the whole bowl in one sitting.
pickled beets+feta+walnuts...a perfect combination
more tomatoes
The kids deemed the grapes ripe and started snacking on them...there are a few starting to turn, but the rest are still fairly tart, although that did not deter them one bit. I noticed Evan snacking on an ornamental bush berry the other day. He thinks everything small and round and berry like is edible.
stems and all
So another mellow Saturday is wrapping up. With the school year and many good and fun activities filling our days, it is so important for the kids to have a nice long Saturday to be free to do their thing, whatever that may be.
4 comments:
So glad you got a sunny day and that little Evie could run wild! That is SO your style ;)
That hammock pic is so great! Sounds like the perfect Saturday!!
Naked baby in boots...AWESOME! It sounds like a dream day!
Your property was intended for days like this. Great pics of the kids enjoying it.
Post a Comment