Wednesday was a good day for everyone. We scrambled in the morning to get lunches and breakfast and the house picked up for the house cleaner and out the door by 8:15. We were running late and barely slid into the bus stop just in time. I drove another 4 minutes to the tennis courts, dropped Evan and Rollin in the childcare with the super nice mom who is thankfully working there again and ran and played some singles. Unfortunately, amidst the rush and the creation of a big healthy breakfast for the kids, I forgot to eat myself. Doesn't happen often. I got shaky towards the end of our match, and then the thought about the breakfast occurred to me. I mean, I know I'm out of shape, but usually I don't feel so utterly tired out. We came home and cleaned up the house, made lunch, played outside and picked veggies in the garden. Rollin went to preschool and our new babysitter came over to play with Evan while I went back to play doubles. Twice in one day doesn't happen much, but I filled in for someone at the last minute. After the match, I remembered Sela needed new running shoes so I made a mad dash to pick those up. When I came home Zig was back. He flew back from Mountain View to see Sela's cross country meet only to turn around this morning and head back down to the valley at 5am. But it meant a lot to Sela...even if we MISSED HER RUN!
I got a new little camera to keep in my purse and I was planning to video Sela today, finally. As I was talking to my friend about how I was going to finally get some good footage and photos of Sela running, I heard cheering, looked up and what do you know, it's Sela crossing the finish line. I missed it again. At the last minute her Coach asked her to run against the 6th graders, who happen to run first. The races go from oldest to youngest so typically Sela is right in the middle. I guess there wasn't time to tell us about the change. Luckily we were able to see the last five seconds where she came across the finish line, even though I was still wondering what was going on, whether this was a practice run or what. It was the real deal and Sela got 2nd place, and only by a hair. Zig thought for sure if he could have cheered for her during parts of the race, she would have won. He's her biggest fan :) Sela ran to as many parts of the course as she could to cheer for her friends in the 4th grade race, which was so much fun for her.
We stopped by PCC on the way home to eat dinner and listen to Evan shriek like a crazed animal and then I dropped the girls off at art, which no matter what kind of day they've had or how tired they are, they always look forward to with such anticipation. When they came home we all sat at the table together while the girls did homework, I worked on my calendar, Rollin colored and taped stuff, and Zig read.
T
hankfully, we have a very unscheduled and lazy day today. And more sun in the forecast. I think I'll stay home all afternoon and finally make something out of all my beets!
No comments:
Post a Comment