Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter week in Texas

Texas was great! Perfect weather, lots of family and cousins, birthdays, a surprise 60th wedding anniversary for my grandparents, Amber's baby shower, meeting Erin's baby girl, meeting "Scruffy," my parent's new child, I mean dog, so ugly it's almost cute, Easter brunch, Easter bunny pinata and egg hunt with flour filled eggs (!), staying at the beach house, visiting Fredericksburg and our old house and park, seeing the gorgeous wild flowers all over the Hill Country, reuniting with old friends, visiting Betty's 800 acre ranch, mini-olympics in the hotel, and too many sleepless nights! I wouldn't say that I came home relaxed or refreshed, quite the opposite actually, but we crammed a lot in 2 weeks and the kids have tons of great memories to carry them through till we gather again. I came home wishing my sister, Erin, and I lived closer to one another!

Our flight to Texas, though dreaded, was just fine. We had as near direct flights as you can get. Evan slept most of the way. The kids all did great. I had lots of snacks leftover from our Easter party so food was pretty much the entertainment. We were greeted at the airport by my parents, brother, darling neice Camilla, and the most adorable pregnant person on the planet, my SIL, Amber! The next evening we attended a baby for Amber at my parent's home which was really fun. We made lots of the food for the shower, and the one new thing we tried was the French Onion dip on 101 Cookbooks. It was sooo good!

Here are some pictures from our visit:

Photobucket
oh yeah!
Photobucket
I had the kids pack their own activities for the plane, but I never checked to see what they brought. Surprise, Rollin's backpack contained a football, a harmonica, and a stick. It's a good thing I brought food to keep him busy.
Photobucket
9 months pregnant and looking amazing!

Photobucket
Erin, Cathy, Amber and I at the shower.

Photobucket
Erin's baby girl, Naomi

Photobucket
Cousins Kate, Camilla, Tabitha, and Nina

Photobucket
Scruffy, with his one functioning ear, is fortunate Mom and Camilla saw his inner beauty and rescued him from the shelter.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sunshine and roses all day long ;)

Photobucket
We transformed the living room into a romper room...still not enough big balls to go around though.

Photobucket
Serious cousin bonding...Jude, Rollin, Moriah

Photobucket
Nina became a more confident swimmer

Photobucket
Camilla, Nina, Moriah

Photobucket
plenty of silliness

Photobucket
Hours and hours sitting on blankets underneath the huge shade tree watching the kids play.

Photobucket lots of popsicles

Photobucket
Kate and Tabitha's Birthday

Photobucket
Dad helping out

Photobucket
Erin and Naomi


Photobucket
When in Mexico (almost).....

Photobucket
When the little ones ran out of steam, Tyler and Bryce tried out some of their karate moves. This was one tough bunny!

Photobucket
8 dozen flour and confetti filled eggs and some very competitive family members! We hid lots of plastic eggs with goodies, but the confetti and flour eggs were a huge hit and ignited a big war in the back yard. No one was safe..except me (camera) and Amber (belly).


Photobucket
Camilla cracking a confetti egg on her Dad

Photobucket
Even Jude got in on the action

Photobucket
Cathy was shown no mercy by her family!!!

Photobucket
Jude traumatized when he saw Ryan crack an egg on Erin!

Photobucket
Sela was a target for Tyler, Bryce and Ethan.

Photobucket
More egg painting.

Photobucket
Camilla layed it on thick!

Photobucket
Enough of this egg stuff, time to paint our bodies!

Photobucket
The Easter bunny did find us in South Texas.

6 comments:

Colleen said...

You make me want to go to South Texas! If only I knew someone there! It's beautiful, and it looks and sounds like it was an amazing time! So fun, isn't family the best?!

Dee Ann said...

Lots of fond memories!!
Til we meet again, love to all!!

Dee Ann said...

Lots of fond memories!! Til we meet again, love to all!!

Erin said...

:( Sad that it is over. It was so much fun to be together. Moriah has mentioned Rollin and Nina about a hundred times since we parted. One day we'll live closer together...we have to! I think we sold Zig on the hill country this time :)

Next time I will be better prepared for the roller coster ride! Love you and miss you!

Susan said...

What a great idea for the flour and confetti eggs! That looks like so much fun!

the Geoff Davis said...

What great pictures! It is so fun to see all the kids and family members I've heard so much about.