Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Early Spring

The saying, "If you don't like the weather in Seattle, just wait five minutes," has been so true lately. It's making me a little crazy, but I'm taking it in stride, given the fact that we've had a pretty mild winter this year and enough sun mixed in. Well, it's never enough, but you know what I mean! Anyway, during April it can be sunny, cloudy, drizzling, hailing, sunny again, cool, warm, etc. All in one day, even. Dressing for a day in April is not easy either. I changed three times one day this week. Starting the days in capris and ending with a parka. As I began this post it was drizzling, then the sun came out and the entire view outside my window changed. I almost ran to grab my running shoes, but alas, the clouds came back and I can hear Juan hurrying to get the lawn mowed because the forecast has possible hail. Sigh.

Sela has her first track meet today. She had some jitters this morning, but is also very excited. I gave her some new socks last night and we talked about what she wanted to pack in her lunch. I think it may get rained out though, but hopefully not. She's doing the triple jump and running the 440.

We were in Texas when the tulips bloomed in our yard, so I haven't been able to enjoy them as long this year, but they have sure brightened up the house the past couple of weeks. We are gearing up to get the garden in. Zig planted lettuce, but that's it so far. Our strawberries are coming along and we've got lots of rhubarb. I made ginger rhubarb muffins this weekend (thanks Lisa!), and can't wait to to have more fresh produce in the coming months.


Photobucket
Zig planted a little patch of these right outside a kitchen window.
Photobucket
Look at the pattern on these little plants. Amazing.
Photobucket
the last of the tulips
Photobucket
Isn't she pretty?
Photobucket
Kona making the rounds
Photobucket
I sent Sela to pick up Nina at the neighbors last week, and this is how they came up the driveway.
Photobucket
Strawberries and raspberries.
Photobucket
Mom, if you'll notice, that end chair is a rocker! I ordered it with you in mind :)

Photobucket
Happy Spring!

3 comments:

the Geoff Davis said...

What a gorgeous yard you have created! Nice work Zig and Ash!

Dee Ann said...

Can't wait to sit in that rocker with any grandchild that needs some extra lovin!!

Erin said...

Hey, no fair! I'll be scowering Craigslist for an outdoor rocker or maybe we'll just have to visit you this summer!

;)

Love all the flowers and the hen of course! Those purple ones are amazing!