For Christmas Eve, we took it fairly easy. I made a simple dinner of foods from Jesus' time. Lentil soup, hummus, flat bread, and white fish. I actually made Sole Meunière, I couldn't resist. I know it's French, but it's a simple fish recipe so it worked. We read the story of Christ's birth from the scriptures while we finished our meal. We sang Christmas songs. And the kids unwrapped their new books. Each year I get them a book that has something to do with Christmas. Zig and I kept teasing the kids by pretend kissing. They think it's so sick which totally cracks us up. After we put away the dinner dishes, Zig and I read the books to the kids and then tucked them in. Mrs. Claus got to work and Mr. Claus fell asleep on the couch. At 2am, I called it day.
What a wonderful way to celebrate the birth of our Savior. Memories that the children and you and Zig will cherish forever and want to recreate yearly. Causes one to anticipate Christ's birth with excitement and JOY!! Love to all.
1 comment:
What a wonderful way to celebrate the birth of our Savior. Memories that the children and you and Zig will cherish forever and want to recreate yearly. Causes one to anticipate Christ's birth with excitement and JOY!! Love to all.
Post a Comment