Saturday, May 23, 2009

Getting back on track (or at least attempting to)

I'm pretty much maxed out on sandwiches and prepared food from Trader Joes. I am craving salads, fresh veggies, and homemade food. And I know if there is no menu or plan, there is no chance at this point in time that I will get these kind of meals on the table. But it's important to me, so I'm going to try. I took a few minutes last night and got back to planning our meals. We'll see how it goes. I made the curry on Saturday and the kids loved it. They were doing a little cauliflower chant, led by Rollin. I actually thought this recipe would be met with a few groans but they literally scarfed it up and asked for more. We had planned to go out to dinner, but I had tons of cauliflower (washed and chopped by Mom) and I happened to see this recipe for the curry. It took just a few minutes and we didn't have to lug everyone out to a restaurant while the sun was still shining.

Saturday: Cashew Cauliflower Mango Curry
Sunday: Citrus Parmesan Farro Salad (lunch) Asian Lettuce Wraps (dinner)
Monday: Fish Tacos
Tuesday: Peanut Noodle Salad with Asparagus
Wednesday: Mexican Torte
Thursday: Cream of Asparagus Soup, Swiss on Rye melts
Friday: Homemade Pizza

4 comments:

Dee Ann said...

I think one of my all time favorite dishes is the lettuce wraps!! My mouth is watering right now just looking at your menu's. I felt like I was eating at a fine dinnery the whole time I was there even though you seemed to crave veggies. We did a number on the fruit and brunches on Sunday's! Thank for the wonderful time, Ashley. Know that I am praying for your continued well-being now that you will be mothering four special little spirits, heaven sent!! Love you, MOM

Amber Marie said...

Mmm that lettuce wrap does sound good. Only your children would chant "cauliflowers"!! How about I pay you to take Camilla for a week and you do your thang, and when I get her back she eats veggies...or anything at this point???

Good job getting back into planning meals!

the Geoff Davis said...

Amazing. Your mom leaves, you're on your own, and SHAZAM...you are off in a way only you can go!

Dee Ann said...

I replied to the cauliflower in your entry above but wanted to add that the cilantro put it over the top for me - love that cilantro!!