Sunday, September 7, 2008

Beautiful Beets!

One of my very favorite and simplest salads is a grated beet salad. This week I had both red and orange beets as well as purple carrots. Just thinking about all those brilliant colors in a salad had me whipping out the food processor to throw a quick little slaw together. I grated a few of the beets and several carrots together along with an apple from the yard and then squeezed lemon and a drizzle of agave on it. So very yummy. Other things I often add are dark sesame seeds, a bit of chopped parsley and dried cranberries, but the beets and carrots seemed enough today.

My photo is lousy, but it does show the vibrant colors of this simple slaw.

5 comments:

Amber Marie said...

wow that is definitely a colorful dish. looks good. I have never seen a purple carrot!

Shenise said...

Nice, love all that color! I feel silly, I didn't even know there was such as thing as an orange beet or purple carrot.

Dee Ann said...

I had my beet in my carrot juice today - here's to deep dark colors and health!!

Erin said...

looks delicious :)

Amber Marie said...

hey, your mom told me you were looking for beds for the girls. Land of Nod has an outlet- maybe you already know. Anyway, here is the link. They have some beds that you may be interested in...

http://www.landofnod.com/Splash/outlet.aspx