Monday, September 15, 2008

Tucker Willis Park

We tried out a new park today about 15 minutes from our house. I picked Sela up from school and told the kids we were going on a special outing. We stopped for ice cream cones on the way, which alone was a huge deal to them. They told me how much they loved me and a million "thank yous" the whole ride to the park. It was pretty funny.

This park was fantastic! We didn't do too many park outings this summer because we were so content here at home, but it was over 80 degrees today and I had heard from friends that this park had lots of water spray toys. It turned out it had something for everyone. Sela and Nina loved the merry-go-round. You don't see those much anymore and I remember loving them as a kid. I remember Erin getting stitches on her chin from one wild ride at Lady Bird Park! Rollin did get drug around a few times and fell on his face, but he survived and figured the thing out eventually. They also had this rope climbing tower and Rollin almost went to the very top in an attempt to emulate Sela. Everywhere we go, people always ask me how old Rollin is because he is totally nuts. At St. Ed's yesterday, he jumped off this play structure and it was about 8 feet high. He landed on his feet and there was a collective gasp amongst the other parents. Anyway, at the rope tower, I was threatening him with anything I could think of to coax him down and when he got close to me, he jumped without warning and almost knocked me to the ground. We called it a day when the kids were sufficiently worn out, but I have a feeling we'll be back.






4 comments:

Colleen said...

I love that park! The neighborhood around it, Silver Firs, is where we lived. Glad you guys had such a fun time. Rollin is such a boy, they seem to have no fear when they are that age! There is nothing like an ice cream cone to win you some good mommy-lovin'!

Amber Marie said...

Looks like so much fun and ice cream after school? you are such a cool mom. I was laughing as I pictured you trying to coax Rollin down and then him jumping on you. I am surprised he has not knocked you over already, he is a boy's boy for sure!

Erin said...

love it! Who gets to go do something that great after school?!

Glad to see you are keeping up Mom's after school treat tradition. :) That is probably why I crave sugar in the afternoons.

Dee Ann said...

Does Rollin come by his "wild child" character honestly? Uncle Ryan and Uncle Martin!! I don't remember Ryan being as adventuresome as Rollin, however. He just had and has a zest for living. I'm sure Martin does as well - maybe more so than Ryan. Anyway, you are in for a ride Ash! Good thing he is so coordinated. I know he fell out of that tree flat on his face and how he managed to scratch his back on the way down requires a vivid imaginagion. If it weren't for the bruised nose and red back, we wouldn't have known he was airborne out of the tree and into the dirt!! The incredible hulk!!