Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tree Huggers

There is a lovely little maple tree right outside our bedroom window and in some ways it reminds me of the story of "The Giving Tree." The kids have spent hours and hours in the tree hanging from it's branches, reading, writing, sketching and playing house. It's the perfect climbing tree for younger kids and there are plenty of little spots to perch and hang. Rollin gets in touch with his inner Tarzan and Nina has found her own lounging spot, just right for her size. With the tree also very close to my kitchen window, I mostly love that I can watch them hang and twirl and sometimes tumble as they explore their little corner of the world.








2 comments:

Dee Ann said...

The joy of being a child. The simple things in life are so very inspiring. To look through a child's eyes and see the wonder of it all is refreshing and calming!! To live in the moment as a child should give us cause to pause!!

the Geoff Davis said...

I miss those cute kids, and your trees and yard...and you! You are such a great mom, Ashley. I'm inspired by you constantly. Darcie