On Friday I took Rollin and Nina over to St. Edwards to play at their great play area and do some hiking. Well, I guess the real reason I went was to eat lunch at the Bastyr cafeteria. I love that place. If I lived closer, I know I'd eat there several times a week. It's all vegetarian, but no matter what it is, it's always great and very fresh. Anyway, we had so much fun exploring. I let the kids lead the way. At one point, Nina just wanted to lay down together in the grass , so we did. And then Rollin wanted to take off in the Ranger's golf cart, so I hauled him off crying. But all in all it was a perfect afternoon. Zig is at some strategy meeting this weekend at Salish Lodge so on Sunday morning I took the kids back to St. Edwards before church. Sela felt she had missed out on the Friday outing. We did some more walking and hiking around and it was such a gorgeous morning. Rollin led us on a hike down to the water where he immediately got soaked and then wanted to run around naked because he was cold. Oh boy. Good thing little free spirits are very accepted around these parts. No one batted an eye.
Sela found some tree bark and made a couple of boats that she piled up with rocks and floated near the shore. Rollin fell asleep on the way home which got him very rested and WILD for church. My goodness, that boy! I crashed this afternoon and talked on the phone for two hours with Erin while the kids tried to get my attention. Bad mommy. She said they are doing a 2 hour block church pilot in several wards in Virgina. Ooooh, now if that doesn't sound like a great deal!! I could have used that today :)
1 comment:
Ah, good ole Bastyr. I shall never forget the ginger bread with fresh cream. I have tried several times to reinvent it but I haven't even come close. I'll just wait for them to publish the recipe!
Love all the pics of the little munchkins!
Post a Comment