In total Seattle style, Nina's pumpkin patch trip was completely rained out. Rain, mud, cars stuck, shivering little kids, the whole deal. We left as soon as we could and came home and took a nice warm bubble bath at home and made hot chocolate. Every other day this week we've had sunny, crisp fall weather. We ventured out again on Friday afternoon to the pumpkin patch to get a couple more pumpkins. Sela didn't like the fact that at this late of date, the pumpkins were already picked and placed in a field. Not the real deal in her mind. Luckily, Granny and Poppy took the kids to our favorite patch when they were here and Sela found an awesome double pumpkin. She, Nina and Zig got to work carving the pumpkins on Friday night.






Saturday Sela, Nina and I went to the play, Hansel and Gretel, at the Second Story Repertory theater. Their plays are the perfect length and I always enjoy them. The kids sit on the floor right next to the stage. Sela keeps telling me she really liked Hansel. He's cute, she says. Oh boy. Nina was pulled out of the audience for one little part (I think I saw Sela volunteering her by holding her hand up in the air), and she did a great job roaring like a lion.

Greeting the cast

1 comment:
I wish we had a pumpkin patch like that! Ours was a little different, but it looks like you all had fun.
Post a Comment