Monday, October 22, 2007

The Great Pumpkin Chase

Oh boy, the Great Pumpkin Chase. There is nothing "optional" for Sela as far as activities at school go. Every function is so very important to her. So, off we went to the Pumpkin Chase this afternoon, a running race held in a stadium for all elementary school age students of Northshore School District. The first five winners of each grade won a decorated pumpkin. When we got there, I noticed they weren't really checking to closely on the ages so I asked Nina if she wanted to join the Kindergartener race. She said she did and off she went to the field. She was by far the tiniest one out there, the kids all being two grades ahead of her. She wasn't dressed to race and didn't have running shoes on, but she was so pleased to be out there trying to pose as a big kid. She ran really fast in the warm up but I think she puttered out. She was close to the end in the actual race, but not last. We were so proud of her for being a brave little girl and getting out there in front of all those people.
Nina warming up. She's the tiny one in all black.


GO Nina GO!

It's all about the ribbon and treats for Nina! She has no idea she came in near the end. I love it.















Sela was a little bit more prepared with running shoes and shorts. She was so excited that when they called first grade girls, she zoomed to the field. She came in 7th in a group of about 35 so she was happy. I know she really wanted to win a pumpkin but she was a good sport. She did tell me that she wanted to start practicing for next year. I like that! Unfortunately, I couldn't get any shots of her running the race. I got her at the finish line though.




No comments: