Sunday, October 28, 2007

Harvest Party

We had a Harvest Party last night with our church friends. It was held at a Christmas tree farm nearby our house. A family in the congregation owns the farm. We all had a great time. There was a chili cookoff and I tried to make Dad's chili recipe. People really liked it. A soup that someone tried to pass off as chili won the contest though...I can't complain, I voted for it. I heard the people who made it are "granola organic vegetarians who like bird food" and I immediately thought "my kind of people!" I had to go and introduce myself. The kids played outside and played some games while the adults visited. They had tractor rides as well and a bonfire. The night ended with the trunk or treat. It was so funny watching Rollin transform into a state of total bliss. He told everyone thank you when he held his bowl out (we forgot his basket). It felt wrong letting him get candy, but having him watch the girls seemed cruel. Unfortunately, he knows exactly what chocolate is. He was so hyper and excited when we got home. He was doing something similar to break dancing on the floor and spinning in circles like an energetic little puppy. Today he has a cold, my punishment for letting him endulge I guess.



No comments: