
The kids at Hollywood Hill, along with the Artist in Residence for the year, all helped create this mural. This is a teeny tiny part of it. Every child submitted pictures and the artist then incorporated their drawings into this mural that the kids also painted. The scale of this thing is huge. I volunteered on this project, and there were times, especially with the younger kids, that I wondered how all these pieces were going to come together (every single student had a hand in the creation of this thing) and when I saw it today I was stunned. It is so fun, colorful, and represents the seasons as well as the joys of childhood in such a creative way. An ugly side of a huge building facing the playground was transformed into a work of art. Beautiful!


Nina and friends after the concert.

Nina and Maisy

the playground after party

I'm thinking if Sela can hang like this, she may not need that wrap she's been sporting from a fall she took in tennis.

Not to be outdone, here's Rollin.


Good job, Nina!
2 comments:
What a great night of fun and excitement for Nina!! Wish I could have been there to see her perform; however, I will remember and ask her to sing for me the next time we are together so don't forget those lyrics, Nina. I loved all the pics because they certainly depict your energetic, fun-loving family. I especially liked the one of Nina on the rings and had to chuckle at Rollin. Hope your arm feels better Sela!!
Nina is so lively. I love the mural. We did an indoor mural of every kid in the school when I was young. Every kid painted their own picture. I still remember it. Way to go artist in residence!
Post a Comment