

I have so much on my mind right now that I'm having some trouble staying current on the blog, but boy did we celebrate our little Evan! Sela helped make him a delicious strawberry country cake. He didn't really know what to think when we started singing and bringing a cake with a lit candle to him. He wouldn't blow out the candle for a long time, and ended up getting some "accidental" help.
For dinner, I made tomato soup and white cheddar melts, roasted asparagus, and a big salad. Evan will eat anything, ANYTHING, in the form of soup. The day before he had scarfed down a curried chickpea/cabbage soup. He's a good little eater, albeit a very messy one.






To say Evan idolizes Rollin is an understatement. He watches everything he does. I've seen him on several occasions trying to mouth the words Rollin is saying as he is talking. Oh, he tries so hard to emulate him. It is so sweet and fun to watch their relationship grow. Rollin is so patient and puts up with a lot from Evan...constant wrecking of his things, occasional biting, etc. He's a pretty fantastic big brother. I'm so happy they have each other.




Evan never falls asleep outside of his bed. I think this was a first at Maw Maw's house!
Evan also loves shoes. It's a borderline obsession. He loves music and always sings in the car. Sometimes he tries his hardest to drown out the radio. He is a determined dancer and we all get a kick out of watching him go crazy. He is a daredevil, already. Sigh. His favorite thing to do is to climb up in the windowsill in the kitchen and jump to the couch.
The very first thing he has said for months when he wakes up in the morning is "Where's Nina?" Very recently he has followed this with "Where's Si Si" and "Where's Ra Ra?" He loves to go, go, go. If he sees me as much as put on my shoes or begin gathering things like my purse, he is running, I mean falling over himself full out panic sprinting to the door.


He drives us a little crazy when it's time to eat. He hates his chair, and desperately wants to sit in a regular chair, but he takes one bite and runs, smears, wipes, and then returns to do it again. Oh to have the boundless energy of a child (and a live-in maid)!

Happy Birthday, Evan. I adore you, sweet baby.
4 comments:
Happy Bithday Evan!! From the looks of things, you had a big celebration with a lot of helpers!!! Loved watching Nina and Rollin help blow out the candles. You may be a messy eater, but at least you eat anything put before you and that makes for a healthy little fellow. Mom's good cooking is a real treat!! Love you, boy! You bless our lives! Mom
Evan is so smooshable/kissable! What a perfect bundle of boy! And I am glad he has Rollin too, brothers are the best! And I speak from experience there :).
evan, i thought of you on your #2 birthday! what a joy you are to your mama and as evident in the video clip...you entire family! loved the help with the candle blowing!
I love that first picture of you and Evan, so sweet! He looks so grown up :( Glad you guys had such a great day!
Post a Comment