Glad you felt well enough to snap a few pictures. Can't believe all the eggs!! Are your chickens on hormones or something!! That is a lot of eggs!! Where was Rollin at with that watermelon and the gramps in the background?! I'm with Erin on the shoes - cute!!
How many chickens do you HAVE?! That is a LOT of eggs! We've only got 12 hens now. We lost one to the heat last summer and 2 to dogs :(. I'm only getting about 8 eggs a day. Do you guys have any Marans hens? I love ours! They're very big and gentle, and they lay the most beautiful terra-cotta brown eggs. Sometimes they're speckled-y too. So pretty! -Jennifer
Hi Jennifer! I was just telling Zig about your egg inside of an egg story. I don't think we've had that happen yet but the kids sell a lot of the eggs so who knows! Hopefully someone would tell us!
We have 24 chickens right now. They slowed way down in December and January, even with light in their coop, but lately they are making up for lost time. The picture of Nina is 5 days worth.
Mom, you're funny. No hormones! All they're eating is tons of kitchen scraps and their regular food with flaxseed. Wish I could send you some eggs! Rollin was holding a seed packet in that picture, we've been planting.
I love Rollins face in the seed picture. What a character.
Please post pictures of your planting activities. We're gearing up for our first gardening experiences in the next week or two. I have so many questions...I wish I could come watch all the happenings in the Serafin greenhouse! I'm repeating my favorite mantra, "Expect nothing, be grateful for everything."
7 comments:
ah, love it! And cute shoes ;)
Glad you felt well enough to snap a few pictures. Can't believe all the eggs!! Are your chickens on hormones or something!! That is a lot of eggs!! Where was Rollin at with that watermelon and the gramps in the background?! I'm with Erin on the shoes - cute!!
How many chickens do you HAVE?! That is a LOT of eggs! We've only got 12 hens now. We lost one to the heat last summer and 2 to dogs :(. I'm only getting about 8 eggs a day. Do you guys have any Marans hens? I love ours! They're very big and gentle, and they lay the most beautiful terra-cotta brown eggs. Sometimes they're speckled-y too. So pretty!
-Jennifer
That makes me feel SO homesick! We won't have spring here for awhile yet....
Hi Jennifer! I was just telling Zig about your egg inside of an egg story. I don't think we've had that happen yet but the kids sell a lot of the eggs so who knows! Hopefully someone would tell us!
We have 24 chickens right now. They slowed way down in December and January, even with light in their coop, but lately they are making up for lost time. The picture of Nina is 5 days worth.
Mom, you're funny. No hormones! All they're eating is tons of kitchen scraps and their regular food with flaxseed. Wish I could send you some eggs! Rollin was holding a seed packet in that picture, we've been planting.
I love Rollins face in the seed picture. What a character.
Please post pictures of your planting activities. We're gearing up for our first gardening experiences in the next week or two. I have so many questions...I wish I could come watch all the happenings in the Serafin greenhouse! I'm repeating my favorite mantra, "Expect nothing, be grateful for everything."
I love your mantra Darcie, and have thought about it a lot since our last conversation!
I'll try to chronicle the planting in teh coming weeks and months. Right now Zig is planting flowers, flowers, and more flowers.
Post a Comment