Thursday, March 4, 2010

FOUR!

Rollin turned 4 on March 2nd!



Unfortunately, I couldn't get the rest of his birthday interview to load. But I'll keep working on it. He has been looking forward to this birthday for 364 days it seems. He shares a birthday with Dr. Seuss so his birthday breakfast was green eggs and ham presented to him on a new dinosaur placemat. He must have thanked and hugged me a dozen times. He wasn't too crazy about the eggs however.

Unfortunately, I have been battling a horrible sore throat and cough. I wake up exhausted and all around me see things piling up. Oh there's so much to be done this time of year. I need another break, but I paid dearly for our nice week in San Diego. 2 weeks of sickness afterwards, both Evan and I. Love that recycled airplane air. Yesterday, I couldn't even swallow so when I saw Zig driving up the driveway I headed straight to bed. And boy did I need it. But this post is about Rollin. Not my pity party!

Four years ago I had no idea how much I would love having a little boy. I mean no clue. I could only really imagine raising girls, because that's what I knew. And boy was I in for an education and a surprise! I adore my boys more that I ever dreamed possible. They are so loving and a wee bit less dramatic, although Rollin has learned a few tricks from his sisters :) That and the fact that he can sing the words to every Taylor Swift song. His exuberance, courage, silliness, curiosity, gentleness, sweetness, and love of adventure are just a few of the things I love about Rollin. I love our conversations, his zest for life, and his love for his friends. He is most interested in dinosaurs, puzzles, his bike, crazy stunts, flips on the bed and trampoline, sneaking chocolate, being mommy's sous chef with his big green salad knife, doing anything with Dad, begging for dinosaur movies, begging for trips to Target to acquire more dinosaurs, snuggling with Mom and Dad, and his most frequent request...going to library for more dino books! He is a dinosaur fanatic so imagine his sheer delight when Zig brought him home a dinosaur cupcake from Trophy Cupcakes.

Happy Birthday, big 4 year old!

Photobucket

Thanks, Dad!

Photobucket
I made treats for Rollin's preschool class...those are tiny dinosaurs on top.
Photobucket
Green Eggs and Ham
Photobucket

Photobucket
Preschool friends
Photobucket
We share a birthday week. 34 & 4.
Photobucket
Rollin's preschool teachers, Mrs. Jennifer and Mrs. Diane. He loves these ladies!
Photobucket

Rollin gave soccer a try this year and loves chasing the ball.

4 comments:

Erin M said...

I LOVE his expression in the soccer picture! What a cutie! He has energy oozing out of his eyes even, I love it! Love you Rollie Boo!

Dee Ann said...

Happy Birthday Rollie Boo!! We are all sooo happy that it is your birthday. I know how much you anticipated that great day and I hope it was all you expected it to be and more. Glad Mommmie is feeling better. Love you!!

the Geoff Davis said...

I can't believe Rollin is four! He is looking so grown up, and he is so expressive. I hope you are feeling better. We've had a lingering cold here, too. Enough already!

Dee Ann said...

I have to laugh at Rollin's expression in his soccer team photo!! Does that ever depict who he is! Our most unique, energetic and expressive little fellow ever!! I knew when he was jumping out of trees almost before he could walk and off roading with his bike at two that we were in for a ride!!!