I had only entered the gym for about 30 seconds and they called Sela's name. What a relief! I think she finally figured out what they were looking for. And it's not just a smiley face like they mention in the flyer! I could see in her face how totally thrilled she was. As soon as I heard it I wanted to get out as fast as possible because once everyone is announced, then the tears come. It's heartbreaking for me, because the kids are so young and all want it so badly. But I had to wait until all the parts were announced for them to release the kids.
All Sela talked about all week was the play and how much fun she was having. She was part of an "evil" tribe on the island. They sang and tried to scare other characters. Sela looked like she was having a blast on stage. She was very animated.
Zig, Rollin, and Nina went the the first show and Nina and I went to the evening showing. Nina was so excited for Sela...she gathered flowers for Sela from the yard and we made some little bouquets.
Nina finished up the evening with what is seeming to be her new favorite past-time, chasing her little buddy, Mason.
I have to say, one thing I do love about Missoula is that they go hard and long for one week, and then it's done. Sela was at school from 8:30-8pm several times, but it doesn't drag on. Five days start to finish. I love that.









4 comments:
Way to go Sela!! We are so proud of you and Mom said she bought the video so we can watch it next week when you get here. I can't wait. It was sweet that Nina was your best supporter - flowers and all!! Very sweet!!
Awesome for Sela! Looks like a great play, and what a great story.
Sela looks so happy! I am so glad she made it. That sounds awful though, hopefully they can think of a better way to announce it :(
How wonderful! Congrats Sela!
Post a Comment