Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving at the Sleeping Lady

We had such a great time at The Sleeping Lady last year that we decided to go back again on Thanksgiving. Zig's Mom, Tina, and younger brother, Clement, drove up from San Diego and were able to come with us. The drive was gorgeous and Thanksgiving Dinner was so delicious. Fresh, local and beautifully presented. It was quite a nice feeling to be at the grocery store on Tuesday morning with just a few items knowing my Thanksgiving Feast would be stress free this year. I do love to cook, but my thoughts about Thanksgiving are a big crowd or go somewhere fun! And not many people are dying to visit Seattle in November so I have a feeling this could be a trend. Friday the weather was gorgeous, sunny and cool. We spent a couple hours in Leavenworth and then headed home to set up the Christmas tree!!

Photobucket
One of my little moutain goats
Photobucket
Clement hauling the girls in the luggage carts
Photobucket
He's got the "cheese" pose down
Photobucket
Nina with one of the painted salmon
Photobucket
Thanksgiving Dinner at Kingfisher Lodge
Photobucket
Evan enjoyed the squash soup and being held
Photobucket
A little post-turkey dancing with the stars routine
Photobucket
Sela and Nina enjoyed tossing things down at us from the loft and giggling all night long.
Photobucket
Leavenworth
Photobucket
Snow baby

5 comments:

Erin said...

i would definitely keep that tradition...looks like fun! Love the Thanksgiving tree :)

Amber Marie said...

yes, that looks like such a gorgeous place with wonderful food! so beautiful!!!

the Geoff Davis said...

Sounds fun! I love stress-free Thanksgivings. We miss our Thanksgivings with you guys. Those were fun years!

Susan said...

Oh my goodness, how beautiful! I love it and the kids are too cute. Stress free is the way to be!

Shenise said...

I was wondering if you'd return again. I like the idea of a getaway and someone cooking...who cooks well! Of wait, that's why I went home for Thanksgiving! :)

It's fun to see Clement...he looks happy and healthy. I bet the kiddos loved having an uncle around!

I must remember the Thankful Tree for next year. Good idea!