After nine days of being very sick and listless, Nina finally started to regain strength today. I have never seen any of the kids so ill and I was so worried about her. I slept so close to her I could feel her breath because she seemed so fragile. She was so sweet and so tired, but even on her worst days, she would whisper little funnies to me and have me totally cracking up. My experience thus far with sick kids has been that after about a day, even with symptoms, they are romping around the house, much to my astonishment. But, no so this time. The naturopath said this flu is particularly long and drawn out and lots of symptoms show up as it runs its course. Zig also got sick and said it feels horrible and had such sympathy for little Nina's situation. Rollin and I had much milder cases and I am already feeling almost back to normal, just a nagging cough. Super Sela has been the only one who remained 100 percent untouched by the virus. We all started taking garlic again (the deodorized kind) and hope to ride out the rest of this winter healthy. We'll see. But, I am just feeling so thankful today for nina's improved health. She still went to sleep at 5pm totally exhausted, but it's a huge improvement.
2 comments:
Aww poor nina. I know how that is though. I've been sleeping with Savanna because I'm just so worried about her. A fever for almost a day and a half is so odd to me. I guess the virus is all over and not just here. Feel better!!! Vitamin C!!!
I've been thinking a lot about all you young mothers and my prayers are ever heavenward on your behalf. A mother's love is as close as you can get to that of an angel. Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he created mothers, especially all you young mothers that I love so dearly. May the Lord continue to sustain and guide you - love to all
Post a Comment