Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Busy Bees

We've been busy as can be around here. I was without my computer and phone for the last few days. We've been working hard on Valentine's projects, baking, cleaning and organizing. The girls want to make Valentine's for everyone. Sela's latest project was making pins for her teacher, Mrs. Struthers, and PE teacher, Mr. Hogle.

We finished Nina's memory game valentines and they turned out so cute. We've already played the game several times with Nina. She cries if she doesn't get the match for her favorite buddy, Ravi.

On Monday I cleaned out the entire garage, loaded the car full with stuff to donate, made dinner for us and another family, caught up on thank you notes, dropped off the stuff, took Nina to find a bathing suit for our trip to Granny's, decopaged a little table for the playroom, cleaned the playroom, planned my week, did most of the laundry (is it ever all done?), read the ensign, and finally went to bed at midnight. It's scary what I might get done if I had no computer and phone.

Today we did some baking. We made Valentine's ginger cookies and I made a huge batch of granola. Zig has been looking forward to having some fresh homemade granola. I made a bunch back in December when I was testing out recipes but then I've been a slacker since then. Nothing in the stores tastes better than homemade. I actually don't even like granola unless it is homemade. So, I got to it tonight and we have plenty for awhile.


The rest of this week is pretty busy with school stuff. I am in charge of the auction project for Sela's class and we have art docent this week as well. And then I was called to be song leader in the primary at church. Sigh. It's a lot of work, well at least for now, because I have no clue what I'm doing. I am trying to be excited, but I'm just not....yet. I'm overwhelmed with it, but I know it will get better and the kids are really great.

No comments: