Zig returned from Home Depot with a forty foot ladder and big plans. I thought he was nuts, but he wanted to chop this huge limb that had come down in the November storm and stuck high in the trees threatening to fall on someone. I didn't think too much of it until I saw how incredibly high he was, standing on the very top of the 40 foot ladder holding onto the tree with one hand and sawing with the other. Nuts, I tell you. I told him he better get it down before Mom came home. Sure enough she arrived and was instantly in a panic. Sela was the only one brave enough to watch and she actually took a picture of the tree falling. To say I was relieved to see him come down from the ladder is a huge understatement.
We worked like crazy on Saturday doing yard work all day long. We made a huge fire pit from some of the trees that came down in the storm. Zig and John moved these enormous logs for a couple hours. The girls, Mom and I raked and hauled rocks and smaller logs. The firepit is awesome and Zig even planted a fern in one of the logs for fun. After that we weeded some more and took out tons of shrubs and plants. We all collapsed at the end of the day.




No comments:
Post a Comment