The fruit is incredible, naturally. And I had this ginger- cucumber slushie that was so unexpectedly delicious! Unfortunately, once I let Evan try it, he didn't let go of the straw until he had sucked it dry! What a little piggie he is! Zig and I each had a couple sips and that was it. I ran around the market and was able to round up all the ingredients (mint, ginger, cucumber, lime, ice and honey) to make it on my own at home though. And on my first try, it tasted just like the one at the market. woo hoo!

I almost forgot to take a picture so this is after it melted a bit. It has the consistency of a slushie before it melts.

We've spent a lot of time just driving around checking things out. We found this beach tucked down a little dirt road.

There were several rope swings.

Not much has changed since our visit in October. Evan is still 100% my little attachment. Most pictures of me will include him. He's never far away :)

A new day, a new little creature.
Zig and the kids after church. The Hanalei church was awesome. Laid back, welcoming, ahhh, such a breath of fresh air. The kids are never going to want to go home. When we picked them up from their classes, they had pineapple cake in one hand and bags of valentine's chocolates in the other. Chocolate was freely passed in the adult classes as well. The people, lessons, all of it were great! 
More evidence that the chickens rule the island. This is the Home Depot parking lot.
And speaking of chickens, Zig has scored exactly 0 roosters to date. He's definitely a California boy! I may be picking up the bb gun before long.
2 comments:
I don't blame the kiddoes for wanting to stay. It looks like paradise! I do not underestimate Zig's ability to work miracles when he puts his mind to it!! Your kiddoes look like they could fit right in with the island scene!!
Oh, how I love Hawaii. I can feel the air and the smell and the slowness of pace in your pictures.
Will you post the recipe for your slushie?
I loved the beebee gun comment at the end...
Post a Comment