Each day the girls open a little envelope with a simple Christmas activity written inside. Some have been simple, like making cookies for friends or choosing toys to donate to charity. Nina's favorites so far have been endulging in Peppermint Ice Cream from Thenos Dairy and going on a night walk and having hot cocoa with whipped cream and peppermint marshmallows. Sela loves the crafty ones like making dough ornaments or snowflakes. Tonight the activity was a visit to the Bellevue Botanical Gardens Light Display. It was so cold, but it was clear, and I was ready for a little girls night out. I am so sick of cleaning. Our floors are finally finished and I spent all day putting the closets back together. So, at 5:30 the girls and I headed out. The light display was really impressive, and we had so much fun walking around. We sang Christmas carols to cheer Nina on the long walk back to the car. I knew she was going to complain about being cold, not wanting to walk, being tired, so the singing worked great. She was happy and sang loud the whole way back. We stopped by Whole Foods on the way home. We have so much fun going there late at night. We just take our time and try on makeup and perfume, and the girls play with the little toys. We ate dinner at 10 pm and came home. Bedtime was easy tonight.


2 comments:
How Pretty! I miss lights...I really need to find some this christmas because Savanna loves them.
I have looked at your blogg a lot today, Christmas, in hopes of hearing what you and your family have been doing!! How is San Diego? I put pictures up on my blogg today of last Christmas as well as this Christmas. Missing you and your sweet family.
Post a Comment