Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Sela's First Day of School

Sela chose apple bread french toast with whipped cream on top and a watermelon strawberry smoothie for her "back to school" breakfast.


My little first grader!


This kid seemed pretty excited to be back at school;)
And there she goes!!























Well, the big day is here! Sela was excited this morning for school. She wanted to ride the bus but I convinced her it would be better for me to take her. It poured this morning which was so fitting for here! Sela chose her special breakfast a week ago and had me check to make sure the whipped cream was working last night so everything was ready to go for this morning. Too funny. We did get a defective whipped cream from Trader Joes about a month ago and it was hugely disappointing for the girls. Anyway, we did a little check and I shot some into Sela and Nina's mouths and which was really funny and made them the happiest little girls on earth. This morning the girls were up bright and early and we had plenty of time. Sela's school starts at 9:10. We had to dig out the raincoats for the downpour and we headed off. When we got to the parking lot Nina said a little prayer for Sela and we took her in. She got in line and just like that they headed inside. I felt a huge lump in my throat and my eyes immediately got misty as she walked away. I'm going to miss her so much but I'm so happy she is so excited to be a big first grader.

No comments: