Well, we've had a couple here and there, but today we got our first little "crop" of tomatoes. I can't take any credit for the growth of these lovely creatures because they were in bloom when we moved in, but they are so delicious and the vines are loaded. The grapes are also turning light purple and getting sweet which is great for more outside snacking. We can't wait for next year when we will plant tons more veggies and build some more raised beds. There is this really pretty plant in one of our raised beds with purple flowers and I figured it was there for a reason. Well, when I was at a nearby farm last week, I noticed they had it in their u-pick herb garden and I read about it. It is a Korean Mint plant and it's leaves make a healthy tea. I came home and picked a bunch of leaves and made some tea and it was wonderful. It has a slight licorice taste to it and both Sela and Zig loved it.
spaghetti aglio e olio
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment