Friday, September 28, 2007

Catching up on life....

It's been another busy couple of weeks. There is still quite a lot to do around the house. Boxes to unload, lots of organizing and finding new places for things. We have all the necessities unpacked and I've kind of taken a break from the rest for several weeks, but now I have to push through. I can't seem to get motivated. We did have fun getting together with some friends last week. Jen, Ben, and Jocelyn Walder came over for lunch and a playdate on Friday and Julie and her girls came over for dinner one evening. I had a mom's night and bookclub too which were a good little break. I am seriously exhausted by the end of the day right now because Rollin is a mile a minute. He is so crazy.

Sela is still enjoying school and it still seems like an incredibly long day for me to have her away. We have a bedtime for the first time ever just because it is essential for Sela with such a full day. The days are much shorter now so it's easier for the kids to go down. They equate dark with bedtime and it's now dark around 7pm. We shoot for about 8:30. Sela has settled into a good routine of practicing her music in the morning before school and her homework right after. I practice during the day sometimes so I can keep up with her and still help her. I am so not musically inclined but I am trying my best.

Sela came home from school one day very excited because they voted for student council and she came in second place even though she is new to the school.

Nina is thriving at preschool, loving Mrs. Judy and enjoying being one of the older kids even though this is her first year. She wishes school was every day. We love our walks to the bus each day where we snack on blackberries all the way down the road. She and Rollin are becoming little buddies although he is still a wrecker of all things right now so the common phrase in our house is "Rollin, NO!!"

Zig is back to crazy busy, although he has still been coming home a decent hour most days. He can juggle a lot and right now his plate is pretty full.

I am trying to plan meals again and tried some great new recipes this week. A very fresh tomato soup which was basically just fresh tomatoes from the garden adn lots of basil cooked for 15 minutes and pureed and seasoned. We made some currant scones and a fruited brown rice salad to go with it. IT was very good. I was amazed at how delish the soup was because it was so simple. It's the tomatoes fresh from the garden that make such a difference.

Well, that's all for now.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Wow, I don't know how you keep up with everything and still have time for new recipes!