Monday, June 25, 2007

Our week....

This week began with a trip to the zoo. It was quite sunny out so we didn't see as many animals as usual, but we still had a great time. It seems like we always have the best luck on overcast days.

Later in the week we went strawberry picking again. It was much harder work this time even though we brought John along. Going the first week is definitely the way to go...the plants are loaded with strawberries then. We still picked a lot and the kids had fun getting dirty and eating lots of berries.

Sela had field day at school on Friday. Field day is not the same as it was when I was little. I loved field day and all the races and relays. I should have known there would be nothing with "winners" anymore. Things have changed. It's fine either way, but I got Sela all excited about running races and other field events. The Alcott field day had 23 events from hula hoops to ice blocking to shimmying up a rope. I took Nina and she participated in a few things, her favorite being snacktime.

Zig and I went to a luncheon/fundraiser for Mitt Romney on Wednesday and we had a girls night out that night with a few friends. Erin and I snuck away one evening to play tennis which was really fun. Neither of us get to play as much as we'd like to. I really miss it and I want to find a way to get involved in a league again if I can figure out how to do it with the kids. I am pretty rusty though so it's great to have John and Erin here to play with. Zig is getting better each time as well.

On Saturday, Zig was in town so he started off the day with a bike ride to Carnation. He was gone at least three hours breaking his new road bike in. Later in the afternoon we all rode to a park the girls and I discovered on our bike ride earlier in the week. It had courts so we played some more tennis. The babies were running all over but somehow we still got a decent hitting session in and no injuries to the ball babies.

Early Sunday Zig left for Florida. Now we're off to another busy week. And only one more day of school!!! Summer is finally here.

















No comments: